Re: apt source line for debian multimedia on amd-64?

>>> amd/64.
>>>
>>> I've tried [many] variations of these but no joy:
>>>
>>> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
>> This works for me. What is the error you get? Where does 'aptitude
>> update' get stuck?
>>
>> Johannes
>>
> I was trying to avoid listing an error message, as I know it's the path=
> amd/64 that's the issue and it's been months since I tried many variati=
ons
> for the correct path, all with no joy. =20

As I said in my previous post

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

does it for me on my debian etch amd64 box. apt/aptitude take care about
taking the right architecture, just like in

deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

for the main debian repository.

You must not set the sub directory yourself.

Hope that fixes it for you,

regards,

Johannes