Re: GParted Error 10522

Le Mer 3 septembre 2008 17:48, Zaki Akhmad a écrit :
> I am having this error while trying execute gparted
> zara:/home/za# gparted
> No protocol specified
> (gpartedbin:10522): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0
> Anybody can give me a hint?

Hi,

gparted can't connect to your X server. It is either because the server
refuse the connection (not allowed with xhost), or because the
environnement variable DISPLAY is not corretly initialized. So, you can
try :

Directly as user "za", with sudo (and a special line in /etc/sudoers) :
zara:/home/za$ sudo gparted

Or simplier, as root :
zara:/home/za$ xhost +localhost
zara:/home/za$ su -
zara:/home/za# DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 gparted
or
zara:/home/za# DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 ; export DISPLAY ; gparted

François Cerbelle