Re: dpkg/apt-get/etc. option to verify installed files again checksums?

Title: Re: dpkg/apt-get/etc. option to verify installed files again checksums?

I wrote:

> (I have been having trouble with file corruption when copying files.  It
> seems
> be on the write side rather than the read side, but now a file I've only
> been
> reading (/usr/bin/tail) seems be corrupt.)

Never mind.  It seems to be a memory failure.

(Before rebooting, running tail yielded a segment violation and /usr/bin/tail
differed from a backup by one bit.  Now, after reboot, the files match again.)

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.)