dpkg/apt-get/etc. option to verify installed files again checksums?

Title: dpkg/apt-get/etc. option to verify installed files again checksums?

What is the command or command option in dpkg/apt-get/etc. to verify the
current checksums of installed files again the checksums in the corresponding
package (.deb) file?

(I have been having trouble with file corruption when copying files.  It seems
be on the write side rather than the read side, but now a file I've only been
reading (/usr/bin/tail) seems be corrupt.)

Thanks,
Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.)