Home directories: local(fast) x remote(secure, available) - updated

I have been doing some homework, and I have found some info on Caching NFS  clients.
Well what abou that? Does anyone of those caching clients out there has became
more than research stuff? Is there a debian way to do that kind of stuff?

Cheers,
Joao

--
João Carlos de Lima Roscoe