Re: Unable to xm console into a virtualized server with Xen and Etch

On Mon Sep 01, 2008 at 21:09:56 +0200, Thomas wrote:

> I have tried the following inittab lines:
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 console
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 xvc0
> ---
>
> The first two give me the same result: I can only "xm console" into
> the domU when it is booting or shutting down.

  OK.

  I'd try tty0, or ttyS0, as a last attempt.  More than that I can't
 suggest anything useful.  I guess a bit of trial and error via
 running a getty command manually via ssh and observing the response
 would narrow it down.

> With xvc0 in the inittab, the console never shows up and I get the
> following error message after a few minutes:
> ---
> INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

  I guess that just means you have no /dev/xvc0 - which means you're
 running an old-style Xen system.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/