Re: Unable to xm console into a virtualized server with Xen and Etch

Hi Steve,

Now I have removed any extra='...' line in my domU config file.

I have tried the following inittab lines:

---
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 console
---
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
---
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 xvc0
---

The first two give me the same result: I can only "xm console" into
the domU when it is booting or shutting down.

With xvc0 in the inittab, the console never shows up and I get the
following error message after a few minutes:
---
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
---