Re: Installing experimental xorg to get smooth image scaling in iceweasel

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:18:31 +0200
Hans Christian <hcslask@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:24:16 -0500
> Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
>
> > But do you in fact know that smooth scaling is in 7.4?
> >
> > Hugo
>
> No, I don't. I just wanna see if it works, because the current scaling is in my
> face all day and it would be a great relief to have it improve. I have tested
> smooth scaling running the windows version of firefox under wine, and in my
> opinion, it would really be worth the trouble.
>
> /hcm

I was just able to check Hugos question by forcing nvidia-glx to install and
creating a .xinitrc file that started iceweasel right after gnome (I still
couldn't use mouse or keyboard in X). This way I was able to see that iceweasel
does *not* scale smoothly using xorg 7.4 from experimental. At least it doesn't
do it automagically with my current xorg.conf.

If anyone has further info on iceweasel smooth image scaling I'd be very
grateful to hear it!

/hcm