Installing experimental xorg to get smooth image scaling in iceweasel

Hi!

I'm a long time debian user who recently bought a laptop with a 15.4" wuxga
screen (1920x1200 resolution). The high resolution makes it necessary to zoom
many webpages, and consequently I suffer a lot from the poor image scaling in
iceweasel. But I read in this blogpost

http://blog.vlad1.com/2008/03/18/a-little-more-cairo-just-for-you/

that smooth image scaling is coming to gnu/linux, and that it might be in the
next xorg release (according to the blog post, it's already enabled in
firefox, but depends on xorg to do the scaling). This is why I want to install
xorg from experimental.

And now begins my trouble. I'm using the amd64 port of lenny, and no matter how
I try, there is a conflict with xserver-xorg-video-2 and xserver-xorg-core.
Apparently, xserver-xorg-video-2 is needed by nvidia-glx, although I can't find
it listed among the dependencies. I have the same trouble with
xserver-xorg-input-2, which is needed by some other crucial package. If I do
--force-conflicts to get nvidia-glx, I can start X, but I can't type nor move
the mouse cursor, despite xserver-xorg-input-kbd and xserver-xorg-input-mouse
being installed.

Has anyone managed to install xorg 7.4 from experimental on amd64, and if so --
how did you do it?

Please help!

/hcm