Re: Pls help: memory leaks (my own, of course)

On Thursday 28 August 2008 16:25:25 Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 08/28/08 08:27, Celejar wrote:

> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:27:37 +0200

> > Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:

> >> Hello,

> >> I tried to update my Lenny box, and I got an error: no space left on

> >> device. Tried aptitude autoclean, clean, but no luck. I known, it is my

> >> own fault, I was too lazy to change the partition scheme give by the D-I

> >> at installation. Anyway, there is a line command to use to change the

> >> amount of reserved space on the partition. I have used it some time ago,

> >> but forgot what it is. If some one could refresh my memory....

> >> Thanks.

> >> Thierry

> > This is not very clear; your subject says 'memory leaks', but 'no space

> > left on device' sounds like a disk partition is full. Which one? Say

> "my own, of course" plus "but forgot what it is" seem to indicate

> that his brains are leaking out his ears.

> --

> Ron Johnson, Jr.

> Jefferson LA USA

> "Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no

> hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Ron, being french, it may have leak thru wine bottles... I mean my brains..

Anyway, got out of the problem on this box whit Gparted. Now the problem will appear on my two other box witch are with lvm. It was easy to resize /home to get some free space, but I still have to do a bit of reading to resize / .

Thanks everybody for your answers, will let you know the futur of the other boxes

Thierry