Re: console font corruption after exiting xorg

Scott Edwards wrote:
I'm having similar problems on two different machines.  For now I'll
focus on the laptop running stable on a g4 ppc CPU.

After I switch to a console screen, or exit from xorg, the console
font is corrupted.  I can see what I type, but you cannot make out
what the characters are on the screen.

Does anyone have suggestions on how troubleshoot this?  I didn't find
any related bugs on bts.

Thanks

I had similar problems, and there was one other post, recently, of another user having issues like this.

The common denominator in both cases was proprietary video drivers were being used (ATI in their case, and Nvidia in mine).

If this is your situation, you may have to get the latest/greatest driver from the involved company and install that (after making all the needed backups of your current setup, particularly the xorg.conf file).

Of course, your millage may vary ;) but it could be the same issue.

--
Bob McGowan