Re: LiveCD's don't work

Mike Fontenot wrote:
Kent West wrote:
I had great difficulty installing Debian on a Dell Optiplex 320; it
would NOT boot from a USB jumpdrive or a LiveCD; finally had to resort
to using an external USB hard drive.

How did you use the external USB hard drive?

http://faculty.acu.edu/~westk/optiplex320-debian.txt is the best remembrance I have of the ordeal. If that doesn't have the detail you need, the best I might offer is guesses, because I just don't remember any more. (I only set up the box to see if it could be done after one of my professor/customers complained that he could not install Linux on his Optiplex 320; then the machine was repurposed for other things.)

--
Kent West        <")))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com