RE: aptitude purge

I usually do so (or create debian packages myself), but since they already provide amd64 Debian etch packages I just installed them with dpkg,
e.g. http://www.zmanda.com/downloads/community/Amanda/2.6.0p1/Debian-Etch/amanda-backup-client_2.6.0p1-1_amd64.deb

Unfortunately, the package has a different name:
dom0:~# aptitude search amanda
i   amanda-backup-server                                   - Amanda Network Backup and Archiving software
c   amanda-client                                          - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Client)
c   amanda-common                                          - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Libs)
c   amanda-server                                          - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Server)

I guess I'll have to go clean this up by hand then.