aptitude purge

Hi,

I recently removed the etch version of amanda and installed a newer one because of a blocksize problem which was resolved there.

I didn't purge though, which means that I have this now:

dom0:~# aptitude search ~c

c   amanda-client

c   amanda-common

c   amanda-server

Is there a way to remove these entries from the apt database without actually purging the packages, which would probably remove the newer version including its configuration?

I cannot put the packages on hold since they are not installed and I sometimes like to use aptitude purge ~c after uninstalling a lot of packages...

Thanks, Tammo