Re: Keyboard : setup AltGr+e to produce é

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:19:23 +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2008 19:05:47 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> ..
> > I'm using gb, which indeed does not support altgr-intl
> > So is there another solution to support AltGr ?
> >
> ..
> > Thanks,
> > Bruno
>

> Is the following xmodmap usage a valid and acceptable solution ?
>
> keycode 26 = e E eacute
>
> to be installed in a file ~/.keybconf and called via
> exec xmodmap ~/.keybconf &
>
> This syntax solves my request of AltGr+E = é but I want to be sure this
> doesn't raise problem or issue.

If you want to be on the safe side then you can check how many symbols
are defined for keycode 26 by default. I would write my replacement
command such that the number of symbols stays the same. For example, I
have this with pc+de(nodeadkeys):

$ xmodmap -pke | grep " 26"
keycode  26 = e E EuroSign EuroSign EuroSign EuroSign

Therefore I would use

xmodmap -e "keycode 26 = e E eacute Eacute eacute Eacute"

to get "é" and "É" with AltGr and AltGr+SHIFT, respectively.

          Florian   |