What is the best way to manage 3rd party debs?

There are several 3rd party debs (nero, cedega, barry) I want to
install. However from a security pov it doesn't seem wise to just
blindly install a deb. They can overwrite existing (core) system files
and possibly cause other harm. So here are some solutions I've come up
with.

1 Check the contents of the deb with deb-view prior to installing
2 And/or install the 3rd party deb in a Debian chroot

I wonder, are there more solutions? (I would love to be able to install
a deb as a local user). What about my solutions? Will they work? What is
the best way to manage 3rd party debs? Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,

Aniruddha