Re: instabillity with eclipse on lenny

martin wrote:
Hi,

I'm running eclipse (3.3 and 3.4) under debian lenny. Last week the program runned fine without any problems. This week however, the program is very instable and crash on regular basis (can be after 5 minutes sometimes). The only differers is that I have been updating my lenny distribution every day for the last weeks.

I have been using 3.3 (binary downloaded from eclipse.org) for sometime, when the crashing was starting, I tried to download 3.4 with the same result.

I know that this is not an ideal situation here with binary programs and from non-free section (sun jdk). What I'm looking for is some tips on how to trace down this problem so maybe I can fix it. Anyone have any good hints?

how does it crash?  I mean what's the error message?

I had the same problem last year: it crashed with an error in the virtual machine.

I found no solution but to re-install the whole system from scratch, but now I switched to ubuntu...

Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net