Re: home network problem - router is smarter than me

On Sun,10.Aug.08, 20:33:29, tyler wrote:

> > If your router knows DNS then it might be enough to enable the
> > 'send host-name' directive in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf (with the correct
> > value of course).
> >

> Well, that got the router to recognize the hostname, but not the
> domainname. I'll look into the dhcp documentation and see if I can sort
> out the rest.

But can you access the Windows machine by name? Before writing my
I couldn't access the other machine by name. It seems that my router
does not have DNS capabilities, so I can either use one of my machines
as DNS or just populate /etc/hosts, which for two machines is more than
manageable :)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)