Re: APT recommendations/suggestions not obvious

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 07:35:18PM -0500, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> was heard to say:
> TTBOMK, neither apt/aptitude/synaptics stores explicit "this is why
> package A is recommended" data.  If it did, I'd immediately convert to
> that app.

  The problem is that this information isn't stored anywhere in a
standard, machine-parsable format.  If it was, I'd immediately start
using it.  I know there was some discussion in the last year or so about
documenting Suggests, but I don't recall what happened to it...

  Daniel