Re: swappiness of 2.6 kernel

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 08:28 +0100, thveillon.debian wrote:

> On a Desktop workstation (multimedia edit, 4Gb ram, timer freq being set
> @ 1000HZ) I've been using 20 for a long time, no problem whatsoever and
> no swapping at all.

How sure are you on that?  I've 2GB of RAM¹ and eventually something
sitting in memory that hasn't done anything in a long time will get
swapped out as a pre-emptive measure to keep more RAM available for disk
cache and other programs.

¹ I'm kind of curious where Tom got gigabits of RAM.  :o)

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca