Re: Using Logitech Quickcam on Debian 4.0

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 05:53:59PM -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Fri August 8 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > wow. that looks kind of like there might be a problem in the
> > driver. If you can't cat from the video device, then there's something
> > seriously wrong. I highly recommend you check out the gspca drivers
> > instead of the spca5xx-source packages. I have used the gspca drivers
> > without difficulty, though there was no sound implemented for my
> > particular camera. ymmv.
> >
> > there is both a gspca-source and gspca-modules-... packages. IIRC, the
> > spca5xx is being replaced upstream...
>
> but I already have gspca, but no modules..
>
> ~$ dpkg --list |grep spca
> ii  gspca                                                   20080524-1
> Package created with checkinstall 1.6.1
> ii  gspca-source                                            01.00.20-1
> source for the gspca v4l kernel module

I'm sorry, I thought I remembered someone saying they were using
spca5xx.

hmmm... I'm no real help then. It looks like you've installed from
upstream though, perhaps? Maybe try the debian gspca-modules packages
and see what that gets you.

That's all I've got.