Re: Using Logitech Quickcam on Debian 4.0

On Fri August 8 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> wow. that looks kind of like there might be a problem in the
> driver. If you can't cat from the video device, then there's something
> seriously wrong. I highly recommend you check out the gspca drivers
> instead of the spca5xx-source packages. I have used the gspca drivers
> without difficulty, though there was no sound implemented for my
> particular camera. ymmv.
>
> there is both a gspca-source and gspca-modules-... packages. IIRC, the
> spca5xx is being replaced upstream...

but I already have gspca, but no modules..

~$ dpkg --list |grep spca
ii  gspca                                                   20080524-1
Package created with checkinstall 1.6.1
ii  gspca-source                                            01.00.20-1
source for the gspca v4l kernel module

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800