Re: problem when install lenny

On 08/08/2008 04:11 PM, arTHUr Ting wrote:
> Hi, guys,
> My notebook is Lenovo X61 and I' installing lenny by using the
> network-install kernel. now the problem is that the installer can find any
> hard drives on my box. i tried ftp.us.debian.org and ftp.tw.us.debian.organd
> ftp.jp.debian.org and many other sources, but all doesn't work. But last
> week i succeed install lenny with ftp.us.debian.org to a same x61 notebook.
> Does the apt sources meet some problem?

No. It's something different. You'd partition your disks before
installing other software from the archive.

Far shot: Is there a BIOS password set for your hard disk?

Otherwise it might be a problem with the *version* of the installer.
I've just installed lenny on my T60 without problems.

Which iso did you use? Please give the url.

How far did you get in your installation process? Please tell, when and
how exactly the problem occurs.

Thanks, HTH,

Johannes