Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

On 08/07/2008 04:55 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:

And I think Aptitude works very well and couldn't wait to ditch dselect
for it.  Different strokes and all that.  I've had the displeasure of
being dumped into Synaptic on Ubuntu and friends.  I'll take Aptitude
every time, thank you very much.

- Nate >>

Synaptic on Ubuntu is nice, but aptitude is more powerful. (Thanks Daniel :-) ). Also, it's much easier to record installation and dpkg-configure messages with aptitude; although I have Ubuntu installed on an extra partition, and despite the "cuteness" of Synaptic, all my installations and upgrades are done with aptitude.