Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

On 08/07/08 17:14, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 16:55 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley@hotmail.com> [2008 Aug 07 16:38 -0500]:

Ditto. I'm sure it's a fine program, but I, too, get lost with the ncurses interface of aptitude
  Add a ditto onto to the ditto regarding my own inability
  to cope with the ncurses interface to aptitude ....

  To me it seems cumbersome and somewhat cryptic ....
And I think Aptitude works very well and couldn't wait to ditch dselect
for it.  Different strokes and all that.  I've had the displeasure of
being dumped into Synaptic on Ubuntu and friends.  I'll take Aptitude
every time, thank you very much.

- Nate >>

Displeasure? Synaptic is brain dead simple, what's not to like?

It's a GUI app?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html