Re: [OT] change middle mouse button to side button

On 08/07/2008 08:03 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

In IW keeping the middlemousebutton pressed centers the scroll position on the location of the middle click.

Fine.

But my mouse uses a press of the second wheel as middlemouse button.

That is complicated and I want to use instead the side button.

How do I do that?
[...]

Use gpm; it can remap the mouse buttons; this is from "man gpm"

       -B sequence
              Set the button sequence. ‘123’ is the normal sequence, ‘321’ can
              be used by left-handed people, and ‘132’ can be useful with two-
              button  mice  (especially within Emacs). All the button permuta‐
              tions are allowable.

HTH