Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

Hi all

This is just a general enquiry about the benefits of using Sid on a desktop or a workstation. Aside from obtaining up-to-the-minute software (and related patches), are there any other benefits to using Sid? I am aware of the risks - i.e. frequently broken applications - but to be honest, how often does this happen?

Any thoughts (no flames please - I recycled my asbestos suit!!)

Cheers

Andy