Re: need sarge

On Aug 4, 10:40 am, Daniel Watkins <dan...@daniel-watkins.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi Vwaju,
>
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 06:54:29 -0700 (PDT)Vwaju <l...@manhattanhandyman.com> wrote:
> > For historical reasons, I need  to  install sarge .
>
> > <snip>
>
> > Can someone give me a direction?
>
> I can't, I'm afraid, but I was wondering if you could expand on the
> historical reasons that require sarge?
>
> Dan
>
> --
> Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)
>
>  signature.asc
> 1KDownload

Thanks, Robert!

I downloaded Contents-i386.gz from http://ftp.debian.org/dists/sarge/.

As I understand it, this is not an archive, but a single compressed
file.  I gunzipped it, which yields an 111MB file.

I am not sure what I have now.  If this is sarge, how do I install it?

Dan --

Linux System Administration (O'reilly) is a cookbook how-to for
teaching Linux networking by builiding an internet server.  It was
written when sarge was the current version of Debian.  Unfortunately,
because of many changes between sarge and etch, the book seems to be
just about useless unless your running sarge. ( Unless, of course, you
already know how to build a Linux network server, but then why would
you do the project at all?)