Re: i want to make an image copy of my system

darren naidoo:

> Hi there i want to do the above but the partition is a boot partition
> and when i boot from a disk it says i cannot because i am not root but
> i am root user.

What a pity. I hope you'll get it fixed somehow. ;-)

Seriously, just in case you actually wanted to receive help here: we can
only help you if you state your problem explicitly. That includes what
exactly you are doing, what you expected to happen and what happened
instead.

What we don't know:

- how you want to take an image (program name, command line)
- which filesystem you want to copy
- where you want to put that copy
- how you boot into your system

As a general advice I can only say that you shouldn't try to create an
image from a mounted filesystem. That rules out /. If you want to that,
it's best to boot from a live CD.

> Sent from my phone using flurry - Get free mobile email and news at: http://www.flurry.com

You also might want to use a system / software for mailing that uses
linebreaks and doesn't make it difficult to use a reasonable amount of
punctuation. We aren't texting in here, we try to write proper
sentences.

J.
--
Ultimately, the Millenium Dome is a spectacular monument of the
doublethink of our times.