Re: unix and email viruses

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 03:59:16PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think I don't need to be worried but I figured I should check.
>
> I only run 'nix (debian, OpenBSD), and I'm on dialup.  I note that some
> people run virus scanners on their email (not just as anti-spam) and

I dumped ClamAV about the same time I wiped the last windows partition
on my lan. it took some of the load off of spamassassin, but cost too
much in memory and processor to make up for it.

> wonder if I need to worry.  I don't get enough spam (other than what
> comes from this list occasionally) to warrent doing anything about
> spam.

lucky.

> I debian or other 'nix suceptible in any way to anything anybody can put
> in an email?

when they figure out how to compel me, through some sort of security
flaw in my own brain, to chmod +x and then execute it... then I'll
call it quits.

...must...type...chmod...+x....
NO NO FIGHT IT! IT'S A TRICK!!!
must...press...enter... can't... resist...