Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On 06/02/2008, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>  > However, I vehemently disagree that email should be ascii.  This is
>
> But that's how the US maintains it's hegemony over the Internet...
>
>  Well, that and the fact that (compared to "calligraphic",
>  pictographic & hieroglyphic languages) Greco-Latin alphabets are
>  small, simple, regularized, easy to print, and a perfect basis for
>  extensible vocabulary.

Greek is not in ASCII, and Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, and all the
European languages that have modified Latin scripts are just as small
(Hebrew is smaller), simple (Arabic is simpler), regularized (if you
mean that there is only a small, repeating set of symbols), easy to
print (unless you have a ball-hammer printer), and are perfect basi
(sp?) for extensible vocabulary.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il