Re: Partioning Vista equipped laptop.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:53:08AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 December 2008 10:29:10 Koh Choon Lin wrote:
> > > gparted live CD
> >
> > Maybe I don't remember quite correctly if its in Debian or Ubuntu,
> > doesn't the LiveCD's installation already has Gparted as part of its
> > setup, allowing you to resize partitions?
> >

> > Koh Choon Lin
>
> I lost a partition using the debian installer, maybe because of an error on my
> part, I dont know! So I prefere gparted-live cd. But it's just my experience
> and lack of knowledge on my part.

As I've written, the Debian installer is not usable on my particular laptop,
but the Ubuntu installer works great.  Even if you intend to install Debian,
the Ubuntu LiveCD (which does use gparted) can handle your partitioning
needs.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!