Partioning Vista equipped laptop.

I just bought an HP Pavilion dv9925nr wiht Vista for my wife.  Knoppix
runs on it but I haven't sorted out the wireless LAN connection yet
for Knoppix.

I want to install Linux permanently on this box, which requres
repartitioning. Currently there are two partitions, one for Vista and
one for backup of Vista. I need suggestions for partitioning software
that will allow me to reduce the size of the Vista partition to make
room for a Debian partition. Suggestions on preparing the Vista
partion prior to reduction in size are also welcome. Other than one
or two emails and Firefox I have added no files to the system.
--
John Culleton