Re: How often do the repositories get updated?

I am just wondering how frequently do the repositories get updated for
kernels as ive not been able to update to the new kernel 2.6.28. My
custom built kernel doesn't work:(. I am running debian sid and i also
noticed that the kernel 2.6.27 wasn't put in to the repositories.

In spite of the general desires of the average user, .28, and .27 kernels won't likely make it into Lenny. ("Not bloody likely!" might be the best phrase.) I personally think that Lenny won't be ready before the .28 kernel is mature enough to include in the distribution as an "alternative" choice, and that both a .27 and .28 kernel should be so included.

However, that is not quite the thinking of the Debian maintatiners. You might see a .27 kernel (or even a .28) in Experimental, but it is unlikely that we will see one in the mainline (unstable->testing->stable) until after Lenny is released.

Mark Allums