Re: Partioning Vista equipped laptop.

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 12:51 -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 04:18:41PM -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> > I just bought an HP Pavilion dv9925nr wiht Vista for my wife.  Knoppix
<snip>
> I recommend leaving the recovery partition if you plan to keep using Vista
<snip>

Let me strongly encourage this, whether you plan to "use" Vista or not.

With my setup, I had assumed, since I wasn't going to use Vista, that I
could delete these partitions and install from scratch.

Several months after doing so, I got notice of an important, security
related, BIOS update.

I had to re-install Vista in order to do the update, the update required
runing in Vista for the GUI.

--
Bob McGowan