Re: udev causing data loss?
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: udev causing data loss?
- From: "Barclay, Daniel" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:40:55 -0500
- Message-id: <495A5D27.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <491F2C68.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <491F0A1C.email@example.com> <20081115183630.GB17936@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081115194115.GD17936@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com> <491F2C68.email@example.com>
Title: Re: udev causing data loss?
> lee wrote:
>> Well, that means there is no way of telling which disk is which other
>> than uuid maybe. But who says which uuid is to be which partition?
> The UUID is written on the disk when the partition is created.
That's not right, is it? Isn't the UUID always of part of the file system?
(Partitioning can't write the UUID; it's only when you format the partition
that the UUID can be written.)
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]