Re: live-helper upgrade question

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:12:20PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,29.Dec.08, 14:08:59, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > I ran update and dist-upgrade.  The live-helper set up complained about
> > duplicate files in /usr/share/live-helper/includes.debian directory.
> > Checking I found the directory contained soft links from etch to sid and
> > lenny to sid both dated 2008-06-16 and a soft link from squeeze to lenny
> > dated 2008-12-29 (today).
>
> Could you please post the exact error message?

I don't know how to recover the information.  I tried apt-get
--reinstall install live-helper and got an almost immediate response
"setting up live-helper".  All I can report is that the first time I ran
the dist-upgrade the setup phase produced more than a screen full of
warning messages each saying something like
/usr/share/live-helper/includes.debian/etch/... and
/usr/share/live-helper/includes.debian/lenny/... contain duplicate
information.  Since all the soft links point to sid I guess this is
obvious and I should have just deleted the soft links.

Tom