Getting b43 driver to work on hp compaq 6910

Hi All,

I'm running Lenny on a HP Compaq 6910p. It has a broadcom wireless card that uses the b43 driver. I installed the needed proprietary firmware. It doesn't work however. The card is enabled and subsequently disabled. From the syslog:

Dec 29 20:34:36 mrorange kernel: [ 27.364410] b43-phy0: The hardware RF-kill button still turns the radio physically off. Press the button to turn it on.

However, there is no hardware button to my knowledge on this machine (the card is an internal one). There's a lot of info on the web about this bug, but no clear solution. Has anyone had any success in getting this wireless card running on this machine?

Thx.