Re: USB-to-PS/2 adaptor: mouse works, keyboard doesn't

Daniel Cliff wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm a new Debian user. I recently installed Debian on my laptop
computer, and almost everything worked out of the box.
However, there are a few things that don't work now, but did in my old
system. So I would like to ask for your advice.

I use a PS/2 keyboard and a USB mouse that I connect to the laptop
thru a (generic) USB to PS/2 adaptor. The mouse works, but the
keyboard doesn't. I have no idea where I can start looking. My guess
is that the installation didn't install PS/2 support, but I've been
searching the net and reading the documentation, but can't figure how
to deal with that. I will appreciate help from more advanced users.

<snip>

What does this say:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Hugo