Re: Video editing: impossible without transcoding?

Rodolfo Medina schrieb:
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

Does anyone have experience of video editing without transcoding?

In particular, what I want is to join two video files.  *If* they come from the
same DVD, old plain `cat' command joins them fine:

Hello Rodolfo,

I am using ProjectX from www.lucike.info, a Java GUI application, which allows to split and join different types of MPEG1/2 video streams. The input stream is demuxed into the video part and the audio part(s). You then have to remux these files from the command line with mplex from the mjpegtools package.

I frequently record TV programs, edit the recordings with ProjectX and then burn it on DVD.

Rainer