Re: Hypervisor on an existing system?

On 12/22/08 18:48, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Monday 22 December 2008, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote about 'Re: Hypervisor on an existing system?':
On 12/22/08 14:58, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 02:14:06PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
My system is a fully-kitted out Sid system, and I'd like to experiment
with virtual machines.
qemu / virtualbox?
Probably virtualbox-ose, but I'm open to ideas.

Virtualbox, Qemu, and Kvm don't really have a hypervisor. With any of the 3 your existing sid installation will be fine as a host.

Do I create (a) container file(s) for the guest OS?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.