Novelty:Error(first time in several) with harddrive partition booting installation.

Trying to install DebianPPC after changing my harddrive partitions I am
unable to continue,I have done this several times with no problem so I am
a little bit astonished.
I downloaded the needed files vmlinux,initrd.gz,yaboot.conf from the
right places,booted from BIOS(OpenFirmware)to a HFS partition,I get the boot
prompt then as usual I typed install and Enter.All stops with error after
several lines when all seems normal Linux booting :
RAMDISK: ran out of compressed data
invalid compressed format (err=1)

Lists of all partitions: ----> these two lines appear only in the
  0200 1440 fd0 (driver?) ----> lenny vmlinux,initrd.gz,yaboot.conf
                                not in etch files.The rest is equal.

No filesystem could mount root ,tried : cramfs
kernel panic...rebooting in 180 seconds...

The only differences I see are: now I have two partitions unallocated
in DriveSetup,in other attempts(with success) were already formatted
linux swap and ext3.Now I use a yaboot from another distribution.