Re: Help - Getting lots of errors from functions and scripts

On 12/22/08 11:25, Dennis Wicks wrote:
Bob Cox wrote the following on 12/22/2008 08:35 AM:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 08:09:31 -0600, Dennis Wicks (wix@mgssub.com)
[snip]

    function lm ()
        {
            ls -laNF "$@" | $(which less)
            }

[snip]

Any other ideas? Oh yeah, I'm running Lenny.

This function works perfectly for me on Sid.

lm ()
{
    ls --color=auto -laNF "$@" | $(which less)
}

$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (i486-pc-linux-gnu)

If /bin/sh points to bash, then it must be some other environmental issue. I'd scour /etc/profile and /etc/bashrc, then create a new user and run the scripts from it, to see whether it's something in your own environment.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.