Re: dircolors - debian etch - broken by design?

* Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> [20-12-2008 06:27 EET]:
> My .bashrc has the usual:
>
>   eval `dircolors -b`

[...]

> So I figured I just needed to issue a "dircolors -p .dircolors" .. edit
> the .dircolors file to my liking .. and then follow up with a "dircolors
> -b .dircolors" and that should do it, right?

All that should be needed is
   dircolors -p > ~/.dircolors
edit ~/.dircolors to your liking
test your edits with "eval `dircolors ~/.dircolors`"

If you're happy with your results, change ~/.bashrc from
 eval `dircolors -b`
to read
 eval `dircolors -b ~/.dircolors`

Or you can--of course--just set LS_COLORS manually.

It's working as it should with Debian Sid installation.

$ dircolors --version
dircolors (GNU coreutils) 6.10