Re: iPod

Raquel wrote:

> Okay, I've gotten rid of the Creative Zen and ordered the iPod Nano
> as a gift to Trish, my spouse. What do I need to manage the iPod Nano?
> I'd just as soon not use a command line to do it, largely because
> Trish is going to be managing her own iPod after I get it first
> loaded.  So, a gui would be nice for her.

Either Amarok or Gtkpod will work, they both use libgpod to connect to an iPod.
Gtkpod has been the easiest to use for me, Amarok seems unnecessarily
complicated for just adding songs to an iPod.

One thing, though, only versions of libgpod after 0.60 support recent ipod
incarnations, if Debian Etch is still using versions from a year or so ago,
they won't work.

Rockbox is not recommended, that entails completely replacing the iPod's
software.