Re: Creative Zen mp3 Player

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Raquel <raquel@thericehouse.net> wrote:

> Hmmmmm, I can't find libmtp in Etch.

$ aptitude show mtp-tools to see if it is there and then install it,
that should do what you want.

But I remember running it on Etch when Etch was still in testing, then
I switched over to lenny in April 2007.

There seems to be some discussion here[0] about amarok on etch that
may be of interest. It mentions unavailability of libmtp-dev on Etch,
though. I can't remember if I was able to sync my Iriver T30 with
amarok during the time I was running Etch, but maybe in Lenny, so you
might try when Lenny goes stable to use amarok to sync the player,
otherwise you should be able to get by with the tools in the mtp-tools
package. It's a bit clunky, but it works.

[0] http://fixunix.com/debian/336613-amarok-etch.html