Re: Creative Zen mp3 Player

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Raquel <raquel@thericehouse.net> wrote:
> I got my spouse a Creative Zen 8GB mp3 player for Christmas and I'm
> trying to get it loaded with her music before Christmas.  I've
> charged the player using the USB port but Debian doesn't find the
> player.

You might have a player that uses the mtp (Microsoft Transport
Protocol) to transfer files rather than one that automatically mounts
as a filesystem.

A bit of googling turns up some links - install libmtp, and then you
can use command line tools in that package to send files and/or sync
your player. You can also get Amarok to recognize the player as well
using that method, for a little bit better syncing experience.

See for instance http://www.funzt.info/?p=121

Also here: (and my post from Oct 2007 is there:

http://www.debianhelp.org/node/11395

I used to have an Iriver T30 (it stopped working) that used the same
interface (using lenny).

There is some indication that gnomad2 might work, but I don't have a Zen.