Re: [OT]I just got a phish call!!!

Mark Allums wrote:
Nate Bargmann wrote:
* John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> [2008 Dec 20 08:07 -0600]:

Those calls were not automated.  They were just ordinary con men working
over the phone.  Each call used up the con man's time so it had to be
carefully targetted so as to be likely to yield substantial money.  That
kept the total volume down.  These calls are fully automated and usually
use cracked PBXs so the cost per call is down there with spams sent from
bots.  Thus we can expected to receive millions of them.

Ewwww.

- Nate >>

True, although, I don't think they need a PBX, just something like Asterix?

 In the US, get on the Do Not Call List.  http://www.donotcall.gov/

 Might help a little.

 Mark Allums