Re: compile help please

Daniel Dalton wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile tesseract from svn so I can do ocr.
Here is my problem I get compile errors... So, can someone please help?
At the bottom of this email is the output of stderr and stdout for the
following commands:
./configure
and make

So does anyone know how I get this to compile?

<snip>

Dumb question perhaps, but why don't you just install it?

hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache search tesseract
tesseract-ocr - Command line OCR tool
tesseract-ocr-deu - tesseract-ocr language files for German text
tesseract-ocr-deu-f - tesseract-ocr language files for the German Fraktur script tesseract-ocr-dev - Development files for the tesseract command line OCR tool
tesseract-ocr-eng - tesseract-ocr language files for English text
tesseract-ocr-fra - tesseract-ocr language files for French text
tesseract-ocr-ita - tesseract-ocr language files for Italian text
tesseract-ocr-nld - tesseract-ocr language files for Dutch text
tesseract-ocr-por - tesseract-ocr language files for Brasilian Portuguese text
tesseract-ocr-spa - tesseract-ocr language files for Spanish text
tesseract-ocr-vie - tesseract-ocr language files for Vietnamese text

Hugo