Re: Instructions for upgrading from Etch to Lenny?

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 12/18/08 10:27, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Ron Johnson wrote:

>>> No need to first manually upgrade Perl or apt?

>>> Because "update" tells apt about all the new packages.
>>>

>> Sorry :-( I misread "upgrade" for "update"...
>
> I was kinda wondering why you asked such an elementary question.

I am wondering why you are wondering :-)

I'm asking my self how to migrate from sarge to lenny?
Is it more complicated question, that deserves attention?
I was also thinking to ask here, but then ... I decided not because it's
elementary ... still asking is good approach for exchanging experience.
Isn't it?

I was thinking to make a copy of the system and try system upgrade
(apt-get ...), test and see what happens. This is preferred because it's a
server. If it does not work, I would install and migrate the services,
which makes also sense, because I can document some things in parallel. The
second approach is still more time consuming.

regards